Sunday 4 July 2010

See you there...

photos by me

My favourite place to be in London on a Thursday or Friday lunchtime is Leather Lane, EC1.
Every week there is a magazine stall selling old (sometimes only by a month or so) magazines such as international Vogues, IDs, W, Dazed and Confused, Nylon, Harper's Bazaar and some random indie mags that I never see elsewhere.
Sometimes I'll see an old editorial online and then be able to pick up the magazine the following week.
At £1 or 80p they're a bargain and this stall is probably most to blame for the reason my room looks like a library has exploded through the door. Oh well...
Do you have any (not-so) secret tips for your town/city?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for the tip. I should definitely go check this place the next time I'm there ... God know when that'll be, eeeh.

    Have a nice Sunday! :)

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Thursdays and Fridays?? My friend has just bought me the Vogue Collections mag from a market stall in Nottingham for a squid - supposed to be 25! Good stuff.

    xx

    ReplyDelete